A VPN or Virtual Private Network extends a private network across a public network enabling users to send and receive data across shared or public networks. Applications functioning on the computing device like a laptop or a smartphone across a VPN get benefits from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.
The basic motive behind developing a VPN was to allow remote users and branch offices to access corporate applications and resources ensuring security through private network connection established using an encrypted tunneling protocol.
A VPN is also a cheap way to escape ISP, bypass website restrictions, access censored content or access geo-restricted websites. One can also gain digital privacy through a VPN and get superfast connections in any corner of the world.
Today, we’ll take a look at the 5 best VPNs for India available in 2020. All the recommended VPNs will provide outstanding security and privacy features, super-fast connections, and unblocking capabilities worldwide.
We will talk about these VPNs in detail, but before that, let’s take a summarized look at the VPNs.
- Nord VPN – It is a robust VPN with a superb network of servers. There are 21 VPN servers in India.
- CyberGhost VPN – It can be said as the most generous VPN in the country with 20 VPN servers available in India.
- Express VPN – It is the lightening fast VPN making it great for streaming. There are VPN servers available in India.
- IPVanish – It is a US-based provider offering great returns with 2 VPN servers available in India.
- Private VPN – It is a host of useful features at an affordable price.
Best 5 VPNs to use in India
Based in Panama, it has recently won Best Overall VPN at the VPN awards in Las Vegas. It is perfect for privacy-conscious as it is a zero-lags VPN and has numerous VPN features. These VPN apps come with a kill switch, DNS leak protection, VPN into Tor, XOR obfuscated servers and double-hop encryption.
This Romanian provider is ideal for people who want a service that is very easy to use and cheap. It is available for all platforms and it is perfect for all unblocking content around the world. It has servers across 60 countries and it also provides desirable services such as Netflix US, BBC iPlayer.
It is a British Virgin land-based VPN and implements strong OpenVPN encryption. Currently, there are three high-speed servers available in India located in Mumbai and Chennai. The Express VPN apps are available for all platforms and the software is easy to use and featured with a kill switch and DNS leak protection. you can read ExpressVPN review on this blog in detail.
It is a US-based VPN service providing all the features required for a VPN in India like a killswitch, DNS leak protection, and XOR obfuscated servers. It owns the majority of server networks that allow it to provide faster connection speed. It is available for all platforms and it implements OpenVPN encryption that has a zero-lags policy.
With its zero-lags policy, OpenVPN encryption and affordable prices, it is considered an excellent VPN for India. It has software for all platforms, secure apps or the ones that have a choice of encryption. It is a Swedish VPN with servers in over 50 countries and all these servers are fast for streaming in HD.
Why is VPN Important in India?
In a country like India, where technology and surveillance go hand in hand, and it has one of the most invasive biometric databases in the world – Aadhaar Card, it is best to keep information safe. Citizens enrolled in Aadhaar are forced to give up their biometric data that includes photographs, fingerprints and iris scans.
Also, there are several websites blocked in India due to religious and political reasons. Moreover, local network administrators such as schools and public Wi-Fi hotspots can also snoop on internet users very easily.
A VPN also stops ISPs and other bodies from tracking your web browsing habits. It also conceals your IP address from the websites you visit, stopping them from tracking your IP address.
Advantages of VPN in India
- VPN being a versatile tool helps you in gaining online freedom, securing your data, and unblocking thousands of websites. Here are a few common advantages of VPN in India
- Privacy for what you do online
- Puts an end on ISP performing data retention for the government
- Dodge website censorship and blocks
- Change your location while unblocking a website
- Using public Wi-Fi hotspots without any fear