The hugely anticipated gaming phone for game lovers, Xiaomi Black Shark 2 gaming smartphone, is all set to launch on Indian shore on May 27, revealed a teaser posted on the e-commerce site. The launch event will be live-streamed at 1pm. The Black Shark 2 teaser page also has a ‘Get Notified’ tab, which interested users can click on to get notified when the phone becomes available.
The Black Shark 2 is Xiaomi’s first smartphone for India and made its debut in China in March this year. At the launch event, the company is also expected to announce its Gamepad 2.0 controller and other gaming peripherals. After a series of new models launched by the company in the budget segment, the company has already gained quite the edge over its rivals, sitting comfortably atop a bulging revenue.
The Black Shark 2 is the third phone in the single lineup series of the company and is the successor to the Black Shark and Black Shark Helo. While the phone competes with other gaming phone brands in the market such as Asus’ ROG Phone and Nubia’s Red Magic series of phones, Xiaomi offers more affordable rates when compared to them.
Here is a brief on the phone’s specifications –
– The Black Shark 2 will be the second phone in India to come with the Snapdragon 855 chipset after the OnePlus 7 Pro. This chipset is accompanied by up to 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
– The phone uses a vapour cooling chamber to keep the internal temperatures under control.
-The Black Shark 2 sports a rugged design and also has its own RGB light strips on the edges.
-The phone features a 6.3-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ resolution and supports HDR+ colours. The screen doesn’t have a notch. Also, the phone has a touch-sensitive display similar to 3D Touch on flagship Apple iPhones.
-There’s a pair of stereo speakers and also, a triple microphone setup to suppress noise and improved audio recording.
– The display on Black Shark 2 has been made by Samsung and has a pressure-sensitive system that allows a harder press in order to trigger.
– Xiaomi has offered a massive 4000mAh battery, along with a 27W fast charging for uninterrupted gaming sessions.
– At the rear, the phone has a combination of a 48-megapixel primary camera and a 12-megapixel telephoto secondary camera with 2X optical zoom. The front camera gets a 20-megapixel sensor.
The Black Shark 2 is priced at 3200 Yuan in China (approximately Rs 33,000), for the base variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. There’s another variant with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage that sells for approximately Rs 43,000 in China. It is expected that this variant will make its way to India and Black Shark could price it competitively, keeping in mind the recent launch of the OnePlus 7 series.